Flawless Smiles with Lumineers
When you look at your teeth in the mirror or see your smile in photos, do you cringe? Do you find yourself hiding your mouth when you speak, smile, or laugh in public? Feel less than confident when meeting new people or interacting professionally? You’re not alone, but you don’t have to keep worrying about what your smile is telling others about you. At Barco Family Dentistry, we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry solutions to help our patients fall in love with their smiles. If you have numerous minor or moderate smile flaws, we may recommend treatment using innovative Lumineers. These unique porcelain veneers are ultra thin, long lasting, and easy to place. Call our office to find out more or schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation today.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are a proprietary brand of porcelain veneers. Traditional veneers are about the size of a fingernail, but ultra thin Lumineers are only the size of a contact lens. Cosmetic dentistry patients who might have traditionally chosen a porcelain veneer may want to consider Lumineers instead, as they allow patients to maintain the optimum amount of healthy tooth structure while completely transforming the smile.
The Lumineers Process
Lumineers are placed in two appointments. During the initial visit, we may need to remove a very small amount of tooth enamel from the front facing surfaces of teeth. Then, we capture impressions of the prepared teeth that will be used by a trusted Lumineer certified lab to create your custom cosmetic solution. Once we receive the final product from our lab, you’ll return to have the flawless Lumineer placed. It really is that simple.
Who Should Consider Lumineers?
Patients with numerous chips, cracks, stains, or gaps who want to seamlessly transform their smiles should consider Lumineers. Every patient is unique, so we will need to examine your smile and help you make the right choice for your unique situation. To give you an idea of how we can use Lumineers to improve the appearance of your smile, review the following examples of patients who select Lumineer treatment:
- Jane had experienced significant enamel wear due to aging, and her teeth appeared yellow colored. Because this dental discoloration would not be responsive to teeth whitening, Jane chose treatment with Lumineers.
- John had large spaces between his front teeth, but his bite fit together and functioned well. He had no other alignment issues that indicated a need for orthodontic treatment, so he chose Lumineers.
- Sally had discoloration following the removal of her bracket and wire braces. Once she had the perfectly straight teeth she’d worked so hard for, Sally still didn’t feel confident sharing her smile. Lumineer placement allowed Sally to keep her healthy tooth structure while perfecting the appearance of her smile.
Benefits of Lumineers
There are numerous benefits to Lumineers treatment. Some of the advantages we hear about most often include:
- Look and feel your very best and have complete confidence to smile in any situation
- Be perceived as younger, healthier, and more successful by others
- Ultra thin veneers mean minimal prep and preservation of maximum healthy tooth structure
- Decreased dental sensitivity because more healthy tooth structure is preserved
- No need for the placement and removal of temporaries
- No need for even local anesthesia to numb the area to be treated
- Look and feel your best with one simple cosmetic dentistry solution
- Long lasting, stain resistant results
- If you change your mind, Lumineer procedures can often be reversed
- Guaranteed the highest quality materials as these are necessary as part of an authentic Lumineers treatment plan
- Improved oral health as you will be more likely to follow a strict oral hygiene routine to protect your Lumineers